NOTE: This class is currently Virtual-only until further notice due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Know Yourself, Know the People you work with and for, Know Your Customer, Build Relationships, Know Success!
Presented by Dennis Doran
Soft Skills are the Key! You deal with People every day starting with YOURSELF! There are all kinds of people both inside and outside your organization. When you are dealing with people who are your customers you need to build a good and lasting relationship keeping in mind that you are in the business of serving them. This Seminar will help you understand what soft skills are, learn more about you, and conclude with your next steps to help you achieve success in your work and career. And the bonus is what this all means to your personal happiness!
Topics we will cover include:
- Soft Skills / Hard Skills – Why we need to practice both every day
- It starts with understanding yourself – your personality is what people see
- Emotional Intelligence – what it means and why is it so valuable
- Communication – the Ultimate Core Competency everyone needs to improve
- Differences – understanding them and embracing them as an opportunity
- Influence and Authority – why is this so importance
- Managing, Leading, following – what you need to know to succeed
- Mentorship – a critical responsibility we all must make part of our day-to-day
To register for the Finishing First Soft Skills class, just click on your class choice listed below to complete the enrollment application.
11:00am – 3:00pm EASTERN
*Class Size is Limited*
Date: Nov 4, 2021
iFTI Exec. Director Anton Ruesing Appointed to DOL Advisory Committee on Apprenticeship
Anton Ruesing, executive director of the International Finishing Trades Institute, has been appointed to the United States Department of Labor …
New College Degree Opportunities for IUPAT Members and Families
The IUPAT and the International Finishing Trades Institute (iFTI) continue to build affiliations with institutions that offer advanced educational opportunities for …
iFTI Awarded Susan Harwood Safety Training Grant
In September, the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration announced a $196,400 Susan A. Harwood grant to the …
iFTI Launches Pandemic Resiliency Course
After a long break due to COVID-19, the Finishing Trades Institute opened its classroom doors. In an effort to protect …